The Learning Community School in Central Falls experienced a chemical leak on one of their buses, which affected five students. The incident was caused by a broken heating coil that leaked antifreeze onto the bus and some students’ backpacks. Fire Chief Scott Mello confirmed that the students were taken to the hospital as a precaution and checked for carbon monoxide poisoning, but it was ruled out. The affected bus was taken back to the yard and parents were notified. Lindsey Lopez, communications coordinator for the school, sent a message to the parents of the affected students, and a map of the school’s location is included.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *